Friday, February 15, 2013

Megan Fox: Speaking in Tongues

Megan Fox: I Began Speaking in Tongues at Age 8


 "The idea is that it's a language that only God understands. It's the language that's spoken in heaven. It's called 'getting the Holy Ghost."

Megan Fox has been communicating with a higher power. Wearing a bra and underwear on the cover of Esquire's February issue, the 26-year-old actress opens up about her surprising religious views.

Fox tells the magazine she began speaking in tongues around the age of 8, when she attended a Pentecostal church in Tennessee. "The energy is so intense in the room that you feel like anything can happen," Brian Austin Green's wife recalls. "They're going to hate that I compare it to this, but have you ever watched footage of a Santeria gathering or someone doing voodoo? You know how palpable the energy is? Whatever's going on there, it's for real."

The Friends With Kids actress -- who welcomed son Noah on Sept. 27, 2012 -- says she has seen "magical, crazy things" happen in church. "I've seen people be healed. Even now, in the church I go to, during Praise and Worship I could feel that I was maybe getting ready to speak in tongues, and I'd have to shut it off because I don't know what that church would do if I started screaming out in tongues in the back."

"It feels like a lot of energy coming through the top of your head -- I'm going to sound like such a lunatic -- and then your whole body is filled with this electric current. And you just start speaking, but you're not thinking because you have no idea what you're saying. Words are coming out of your mouth, and you can't control it," Fox explains. "The idea is that it's a language that only God understands. It's the language that's spoken in heaven. It's called 'getting the Holy Ghost.'"

Unlike her Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen costar Lindsay Lohan, Fox says she "can't stand pills" and doesn't "like drinking."

"I have to feel like I'm in control of my body. And I know what you're thinking: Then why would I want to go to church and speak in tongues?" she laughs. "You have to understand, there I feel safe. I was raised to believe that you're safe in God's hands. But I don't feel safe with myself."

Fox -- who also admits to believing in leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster -- tells Esquire she is "childlike in my spirit, and I want to believe in fairy tales."

"I believe in all of this stuff," the star of This Is 40 says. "I believe in all of it."

Megan FoxMegan FoxCredit: Sante D'Orazio/Esquire

Megan Fox has some interesting ideas about things.

Like what kind of things?

Oh, fame, leprechauns, Lindsay Lohan, speaking in tongues.

Highlights from her Esquire interview:

On Marilyn Monroe: "She was sort of like Lindsay. She was an actress who wasn't reliable, who almost wasn't insurable. ... She had all the potential in the world, and it was squandered," she says, curled defensively on the sofa. "I'm not interested in following in those footsteps."

On fame: "I don't think people understand," she says. "They all think we should shut the (bleep) up and stop complaining because you live in a big house or you drive a Bentley. So your life must be so great. What people don't realize is that fame, whatever your worst experience in high school, when you were being bullied by those ten kids in high school, fame is that, but on a global scale, where you're being bullied by millions of people constantly."

On church: "I have seen magical, crazy things happen. I've seen people be healed. Even now, in the church I go to, during Praise and Worship I could feel that I was maybe getting ready to speak in tongues, and I'd have to shut it off because I don't know what that church would do if I started screaming out in tongues in the back."

On believing: "I like believing. I believe in all of these Irish myths, like leprechauns. Not the pot of gold, not the Lucky Charms leprechauns. But maybe was there something in the traditional sense? I believe that this stuff came from somewhere other than people's imaginations. ... We should all believe in leprechauns."   Source:

Tongues, the Church and the Occult

No comments:

Post a Comment